Spider

Good work Bob
Thanks for sharing :thumbzup::thumbzup:

That's pretty impressive. Looks like you were in within 1/2 a thousandth which is very good for a chuck or spider. How's about some of the dimensions and drawings for those who might wish to build one of their own?

Bob

Thanks Paul & Bob.

I didn't have an drawings or anything like that. I just took a piece of round stock, figured out the size and internal thread of the lathe spindle and bored a hole that I thought would be big enough for 1"+ stock. Then I turned the part down to size and threaded it on the lathe. It is, of course, metric.
Then I drilled and tapped the four holes to adjust the stock to center.

That's it.

Bob

Thanks Paul & Bob.

I didn't have an drawings or anything like that. I just took a piece of round stock, figured out the size and internal thread of the lathe spindle and bored a hole that I thought would be big enough for 1"+ stock. Then I turned the part down to size and threaded it on the lathe. It is, of course, metric.
Then I drilled and tapped the four holes to adjust the stock to center.

That's it.

Bob

Hi Bob,
I have a PM1236 and I want to make a spider like yours. Do you happen to know the internal thread size of the spindle? What is the OD of your spider? Just trying to get a leg up on this project. Thanks

I can't pull it up for some reason,
Four year old thread

Back