Stick welder under $800.00 ?

So like i said that must be transformer , and for the rest you are right .:) That all what i can say

When im out of workshop im always using this, and i can say they DUTY CYCLE are better as they declare on web , i have full video about this welding machine , just need to finish. This can do 280amp when you have reduction from 380 to 220v so you can have 32A and then this REBEL go on maximum easy 255 AMPS with wire setting 12.1m/min. Can do tig but is without HF whole set with 250amps torche cost 2000EUR is more then 800EUR but with this you can weld for whole day using 3x2.5mm 50M long cable. I know that you like Miller but for sure for price of Miller i will take Kemppi .. :)

Last edited:
There's no such thing as buying a Kemppi in Canada. As I tried to say, best money is spent on quality used industrial equipment. My MIG cost 750$ CDN. My EconoTIG cost 800$ CDN. I can repeat those deals today. My TIG welder will do 100% duty cycle for stick at 175 amps all day long. It can run AC or DC both polarities. What's not to love?

My recommendation is to buy a good used industrial welder, like a Lincoln, Miller, etc. If you only do stick there are great tombstone welders all over the place. The ESAB and the other newer electronic welders can do TIG, but they have many flaws. 1) Inverter welders seem to be nearly unrepairable when they fail. 2) replacement parts for any newer welder seem to be astronomical 3) on the used market they are still way overpriced. 4) to get a decent one, you are still over $1500 CDN.

A friend of mine purchased a Lincoln AC/DC tombstone here for 200$ CDN - lots of room for steel and welding rods to make up the other 600$...

Back