Stupid Plastic Back-ordered G0704 Gear!

The gear is metric, module looks to be 1.25, and it is helical with an odd angle. I've searched and searched for a replacement (while I've had two on back order from Grizzly for months). Does someone know: why not replace both gears with a metal non-helical set? What is the real advantage of the helical gear in this application?

bix

Have you ever driven a car with a strait cut gear box? , they sound awsome :) you can generaly hear the difference between helical and strait gears by shifting into reverse on your car gear box.

Stuart

Not sure if you ever tried King Canada, but... that #209 in the book for my machine is:
#6400202090 Gear $43.95

Not sure if you ever tried King Canada, but... that #209 in the book for my machine is:
#6400202090 Gear $43.95

I actually tried to contact them with 3 different emails and no response at all.

Not sure what the issue is there. :thinking:
Dave

Thanks Shawn, but I contacted Grizzly again and must have figured out the secret password because they decided I had a warranty issue and I think they pulled a gear from a new machine to send to me. I haven't gotten it yet, but I got an email saying it was coming via Brown Santa on Monday. I told them to keep my the other two on order because I don't intend to be without again. Hopefully they show up so I don't worry every time I use the machine. I don't have anything to properly cut gears, but it seems like the Benchmaster would be ideal for that sort of thing.
-Ryan

Back