Things To Watch For In A Used Servo Power Feed

Bamban

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
With my bad right shoulder cranking the knee on the BP is just too painful. Last weekend I found a rebuilt Servo power feed at a machine shop that just closed.

Are there any things I need to watch out for that could possibly bite me? I still need to download the installation manual, but sometimes these instructions do not tell the whole story.

Bamban, I updated the thread title to help give you a little more exposure. Hope it isn't a problem.

If it is not rated for Z axes watch the weight you but on the table.

Thank you all for the responses.

I am reading and trying to get my hands around the instruction manual. I think I have a few more questions for y'all.

Nez

Last edited:
Plug it in and run it in forward, reverse, and at various speeds including rapid. If it will do those things it is probably fine. Pull the dust cover and make sure the nylon gear looks OK. Make sure you get all the extra parts to install it, they can get expensive...

Bob,

Thank you.

Did the function test including the limit switches, all works fine. It was completely rebuilt by Machine Tool and Electronics in Dallas. As this was a spare, it did not include the knee mounting kit, that I had to buy from Servo.

Back