Bed Length 30"/40"
Swing over Crosslide 6-1/2"
Crosslide Travel 10"
Spindle Bore 2"
Spindle Mount D1.6
Speeds(16) 14-2500
Motor 5 hp
Weight 3,200lbs

I run a Trens 64? model where I work, 24 x 100, 37 in the gap.
Nice machine, well made and fairly quiet and has inch and metric threading and 11 to 1000 RPM in about a dozen steps.
Also powered rapids with the push of a button, cranking the rather large and heavy carriage up and down the bed gets old fast.
I would recommend this manufacturer.

34e2fbp.jpg

tos is considered a fairly decent lathe manufacturer around this part of the world
if it is in good shape at a decent price you cant go wrong with it

Wreck, Thanks for the info. I would like that one you run, but I think it would be out of my price range. Janvanruth, they are asking $4900, comes with one bison 3 jaw chuck, steady and center rest, and minor tooling, and dro. Been trying to talk myself out of it, but I think I'm going to see if it is still available. Thanks, Mike

If it's in good shape $4900 is a good number unless you have to work around the 3Phase power problem for a home shop. Does it come with a tool post? I don't know what size QCTP is on the big lathe since there are no markings on it just the Aloris logo, I put my Dorian BXA next to it for scale, the 14" lathe will need something in between these. We have a 2 1/2" Dia X 15" long boring bar and holder that weighs nearly 50 LB's, it's just about the opposite of "quick change" (-:

The spindle has a brake that is activated when the handle is in neutral, it doesn't work very well on this one but is probably an adjustment problem that I haven't looked into yet.
2ni9zdy.jpg

Back