Turkey Shoot Gun

Blackhawk

Active User
Registered
has anyone ever made one of these, I have a friend looking to compete and would like to help him out. Lanhamimage.jpg

Never even heard of one.

When our club does a Turkey Shoot, the rule is "Stock factory firearms only," as we have many professional shooters with tricked out pistols or rifles.

That sure is a purdy rifle though! :grin:

it called a rail gun for shooting #9s most are made from a savage 212 bolt action

wow, very interesting rifle!
i'd almost be nervous of shooting it- i'd be scared to scratch it !
i bet it could punch the X out from a long way away :grin:

You can get your own shotgun to shoot better at Turkey shoots. Lengthen your forcing cone , try polishing the bore if it's fixed choke there are some options to help tighten the shot string . Do the cone and polish in the bore . Shoot the distance that's where they're held ,, 30 yards ,, let's say. Set up a 4x4 sheet of plywood cover with targets about 6" apart. Shoot two targets ,Ck the hits count the pellet holes compare both for where they're hit . Guns shoot at different spots some cluster left , or right or up and down . Your the shooter find out where your gun shoots. Now practise on those targets left. Count your scoring pellets. If you have good clusters don't do any more but clean between shots at the competition.
If it's not tight you can try reaming the choke end about six inches from the choke take 5 to 10 thousandth then polish it blending the area to match finish. This is what they use to call the tulla choke. It works.
I use to do a bit of Turkey guns , in fact we had shoots near deer season and used buckshot. My A5 Browning 32" mag couldn't be beat with buckshot. I won so many turkeys I was giving them away. That gun was pure factory choke made in Belgium. Kill deer on the run at eighty yards one shot 4 buck. It liked the #1 also.

Last edited:
Back