Wellllll I Guess I Am Going To Cnc My Enco 45 But Slowly

Bill, your great, thanks for the lube info, just ordered the 4 items for $85.00 shipped. You saved me a lot of web time, much appreciated. I finished converting my Grizzly G0602 to CNC and now I'm in the process of converting my G0619 to CNC. The mill is at the right point for the oiling system. Bob

One thing I have found with the one-shot oil system is that the line bleed out the lowest point. On my machine that is the Y ball nuts. To solve this I installed check valves on each outlet of the manifold. http://www.pneumadyne.com/check-valves-c-1_2_52-l-en.html

Another Issue I had was getting oil evenly to all the ports, specifically the Z dovetail and ball nut. A lot of people use valves on each line to meter the flow. I didn't want to deal with setting up and tuning 12 valves so I added a second pump for the Z only.

Jay

Bill, your great, thanks for the lube info, just ordered the 4 items for $85.00 shipped. You saved me a lot of web time, much appreciated. I finished converting my Grizzly G0602 to CNC and now I'm in the process of converting my G0619 to CNC. The mill is at the right point for the oiling system. Bob
Glad I could help, you will need to round up your push on fittings and check valves if you chose to use them, (see jbolts post above for more info)
Bill

One thing I have found with the one-shot oil system is that the line bleed out the lowest point. On my machine that is the Y ball nuts. To solve this I installed check valves on each outlet of the manifold. http://www.pneumadyne.com/check-valves-c-1_2_52-l-en.html

Another Issue I had was getting oil evenly to all the ports, specifically the Z dovetail and ball nut. A lot of people use valves on each line to meter the flow. I didn't want to deal with setting up and tuning 12 valves so I added a second pump for the Z only.

Jay
I probably will do that also but for now it will be what it is as I have a bunch of other fish to fry:(:p:D:grin:
This is turning into more of a challange than I thought:bang head: BUT!!! I shall preserver:big grin:

Where did you get the ball screws and mechanical parts?
I have an older RF-45 and am interested in the conversion.

Where did you get the ball screws and mechanical parts?
I have an older RF-45 and am interested in the conversion.
I got my ballscrews off Fleabay from http://stores.ebay.com/linearmotionbearings?_rdc=1 but do not opt for the free shipping as it will take forever and I made all my mounting parts including machined ends like the did on flash cut conversion.
I just bought long not machined screws and put ends on separately, Hope I made it clear not to good at describing:bash computer:
Just Google flash cut and look at video section on install on a Grizzly mill.;)
Most all parts I have purchased has been from Flebay

Thanks guys for oiler info, I just moved it from the "wish list" to the "to do list". Bob

Well today & tomorrow will be no shop time, wind is gusting to 50+mph with dust for good measure:bawling: and tomorrow I go visit another member of the forum who has kindly offered me some Aluminum for my project :beer: and show me the resources he has available to him :aok:
Bill

Well it was a rewarding trip, I scored a piece of 6061 aluminum about 5 foo long by 6 inches shafting.
This is hard to come by living out here in the desert so could not pass it up.
Matt was kind enough to give me some aluminum flat bar which will come in handy on the conversion.
Bill

Well it was a rewarding trip, I scored a piece of 6061 aluminum about 5 foo long by 6 inches shafting.
This is hard to come by living out here in the desert so could not pass it up.
Matt was kind enough to give me some aluminum flat bar which will come in handy on the conversion.
Bill
Good find, I never have enough or the right size of scrap metal; but I'm always on the lookout.

Quick question on the oiling system. What is the recommended oil and weight you guys use? Bob

Back