What Did You Buy Today?

I just got all new lighting for the Little Niva fresh from Russia, the price difference is incredible, parts are about 5X more expensive here then in Russia, example, headlight is only 7$ in Russia with a philips 12342 light bulb the same light bulb is double that price in any parts store, incredible cheap.
IMG_20190505_193815.jpg

GoceKU,

Based on all the body work you've done, sure hope the Russians used UV stable plastics on their lamps. On second hand, it'd be nice to see what you come up with to repair junkie Russian tail lights and head lights! Enjoy seeing your restoration project, you have a lot more energy than me. I'd have probably punched a 10 x 10 x 10 hole with our Case 580 backhoe and given the little Niva a decent burial. I'm sure she'll be a beauty when it's all done.

Bruce

Bruce, i should have been more curious of previous repairs because they really caught me off guard on this project, never less i've finish even worse project in the past. The russians don't use plastic in there cars, mainly because there plastic products suck, the headlaps are steel and glass, and the rear light plastic covers are over 1/4 thick.

A nice (East?) German thread mic - looks like new old stock. Still has all the metric anvils, and seems to have the rust protection grease still on the spindle.

Suhl is in Thuringia, in the heart of former West Germany. I'd guess from the labels that it's about 30 years old, according to my calibrated eyes.

A new Speedglas SL welding helmet, and a box of replacement lense covers.

The LWS had a inventory close out table, I bought a 14”, 120 carbide tooth, metal saw blade for my 14” Milwaukee dry cut saw, dropped off for resharpening and never picked up, I got it for resharpening fee and postage due on the blade

From the same table, I also bought a Florida Pneumatic needle scaler, a warranty repair, that was never picked up for $20.

Suhl is in Thuringia, in the heart of former West Germany. I'd guess from the labels that it's about 30 years old, according to my calibrated eyes.

Oh. I only made the guess due to the company history page mentioning Soviet involvement... which is weird, if they’re located deep in the old Bundesrepublik. :cool 2:

One micron ain't too shabby! And a nice price.

Also interesting that it's from a Japanese company, produced in Mexico, now in the UK, posted here in the US!!!!

I saw these on banggood a couple weeks back. I know glacern sells a bt30 quick change drill chuck I have one in an mt3 sleave for the lathe tailstock. Taking a chance I thought I'd go for it. The offer, 2 of these for 90 something dollars and free shipping. Glacern has them in the 130 price range for 1.

I need to modify them to work in my mill, first impression, very solidly built, as much heft as the mt3 unit from glacern. Jaws open from tight to .54 inches. Smooth operation of the jaws. If the runout is no worse than on my not so perfect Jacob's chuck
20190511_095440.jpg

Back