What Did You Buy Today?

I can't remember what those taps are called but they are amazing. 5 flutes with every other tooth removed on each flute will take a bigger bite per tooth with fewer teeth in the game. Over all they take less effort to use than a typical pipe tap, you scored big time!

It's called an interrupted thread pipe tap and takes half ( well , a lot less ) the torque of a regular tap . Mostly used on cnc machines with the bigger threads .

Brass Sheet 24" X 36" X 1/8".
I paid $30.
Online metals wants $501 plus shipping.
I like that!
I asked the guy, how much for the brass sheet? He said, $30. I said, OK, he then says, ****, I knew I should have asked $40.

Didn't buy it today , but got it into the garage today ! ( along with 4 four wheelers , 2 zero turns , the Kubota , the Vidmars , + all the other junk . Not quite sure where the lathe and mill are going to fit if I get them . :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 48
Nice! It looks to me like there's plenty of room for a mill and lathe. All you have to do is get rid of the four wheelers, zero turns, and Kubota.

Naaggghhhh; never throw anything away. Even a soda can pull tab is useful, for something. Just add on to the front, metal carports are cheap. Or move to a larger shop. But never throw anything away.

Naaggghhhh; never throw anything away. Even a soda can pull tab is useful, for something. Just add on to the front, metal carports are cheap. Or move to a larger shop. But never throw anything away.

That's my trouble , and it got me to where I am today ! A hoarder ! :big grin: Honestly , I don't think machinists ever throw anything away , because we can always fix anything . I always seem to spend hours and $$$$$$ on stuff worth minutes and $ , but hey , it's fun .

Is there a micrometers anonymous? If there is, I think I need to start attending. 79A8D6FC-6C49-4E02-9F5B-D1E86C06E345.jpegD4FB7D08-E46B-4E23-B16E-C2742C11E7E2.jpegFFA1FD98-DFC5-4E3C-9A4A-F52507A7B9AB.jpeg

Moore & Wright 0-25 & 25-50mm Direct Read micrometers. Love the thimble mounted displays.

1C76737C-8BC4-4AB7-9BFE-9391C32C9CFD.jpeg

Mint, boxed Tesa disk mic.

Better yet--build a metal carport out of soda can pull tabs (once you save up enough).

Back