What Did You Buy Today?

Heck yeah that's a nice haul! Look at all those accessories and parts still present. I thought it was forbidden to sell a used machine without taking the valuable stuff off first. They even let you keep all the knobs!

Can you feel the envy emanating from my direction

Someone on this site will end up with a beautiful Atlas lathe ! I'm going to put my efforts into the Clausing , the BP and the SG . Being I will now be in my garage which is not climate controlled , a lot of my precision stuff will be finding a new home . I'm not in the need to make parts other to keep the tractor herd moving . Last time I had the Lagun FTV-2 in the garage I lost it , lol , not really , but it got buried with all the other stuff . I am planning on not letting this happen again . We'll see how it goes . And , if anyone would just happen to need a 22 ton jack , come see me ………………..really , 22 tons . Gotta wonder what the heck they were jacking . :big grin:

Someone on this site will end up with a beautiful Atlas lathe ! I'm going to put my efforts into the Clausing , the BP and the SG . Being I will now be in my garage which is not climate controlled , a lot of my precision stuff will be finding a new home . I'm not in the need to make parts other to keep the tractor herd moving . Last time I had the Lagun FTV-2 in the garage I lost it , lol , not really , but it got buried with all the other stuff . I am planning on not letting this happen again . We'll see how it goes . And , if anyone would just happen to need a 22 ton jack , come see me ………………..really , 22 tons . Gotta wonder what the heck they were jacking . :big grin:
My in-laws used to own a Prevost motor coach; 45 ft. long rock star tour bus. It weighed about 50,000 lbs. and had at least 12 lugs on each wheel torqued to 600 ft. lbs. I recall him having a 20-ton floor jack that weighed about 350 lbs.

Bruce

Well, it isn't a metal working tool, but I just gotta crow. I had delivered today a Foley Belsaw, model 910 with several extra knives. Much more stable than the current crop made out of plastic and chinesium. And a little bigger, too. Takes a 20A240V circuit to run it. I have lusted after one of these since at least 1974. And with the manufacturer not listed any more, had just about given up on the idea. But, I got one now. I know I need to be crowing on a wood working site, but I come here most times instead.

I do thank y'all for listening; and tolerating me.

Bill Hudson​

No pictures, it never happened Bill. It may want fed wood instead of metal but its definitely a machine.

Greg

Yeah, well, I figured since it was a woodworking machine, nobody would be that interested. I do have a couple of pics from the CL adverts; included below. If woodworking machinery were to be included in my holdings, I could chew up at least as many pages as I would for metal working machines. About the only thing lacking is a decent size shop, it's kinda crowded here. The big deal to me is that there's no plastic, except rollers & the like. Good ole USA steel.

Belsaw01.jpgBelsaw03.jpgBelsaw04.jpg

Back