What Did You Buy Today?

Which Pierson pallet system did you go with?

I’ve had a PPS with vacuum pallet in a shopping cart for a while..
I ordered the Pro Pallet System and a few extra pallets. I will mount my vise to one. Make a couple of custom pallets with Mitee Bite clamps and also plan to make one pallet with locator pins to mount ½" plates on top of. the half inch plates will reduce cost over additional pallets and are for operations that can be off .001" or so. Also, I need to bolt through the bottom with small 2/56 screws and counterboring through a 1.5" pallet for that would be extra work. It all sounds good in my head and I have started the work in Fusion. I will video and post my journey with it when they come in. I like the vacuum pallet as well and can add that at some point in the future since it will mount on the PPS base I will have. I was going to build my own base but finally just bi the bullet and got theirs.

What I did buy, but haven't received yet: AXA-4D boring bar holder.

Aloris announced a sale around the end of November. Ordered one via an eBay vendor on November 24th. Waited a month and sent a message to eBay that I hadn't received the part. eBay cancelled my order - which was NOT what I wanted. Was an attractive price too :(

So ordered again from a different seller on Dec. 24th. Claimed I have it by Dec 30th. Did not happen. Contacted seller on 31 Dec and said Aloris would ship it to me on 4 January. On 6 January I see a notification from eBay that my part shipped on Jan 5th. eBay shows a UPS tracking number, and a delivery date of December 2, 2021! I am thinking that eBay has just invented a time machine - having delivered the part 22 days before I had ordered it from the second seller. Send seller a message via eBay that there is a problem and would they clarify things for me. Two days go by and no response. Fortunately eBay listed a contact number direct to the seller (this is unusual!) so I called yesterday. Seller agreed this was indeed unusual, re: the time machine. They called Aloris and confirmed it had not been shipped. I asked the seller to update the eBay status to correctly report reality, ie product not shipped. They did update eBay, I am glad to report. Was concerned that eBay would do something dumb again... Seller reported to me they were having all sorts of issues with suppliers, not just Aloris. My seller said, (and I really am not holding my breath here,) that Aloris would ship by the end of next week. Believe it when I see it. For the record, the second seller was All Industrial Tools. They have been very helpful and would recommend them. The agent I spoke with said he'd call me back within 15 minutes - and he really did. That's a rarity these days.

Anyone else have troubles getting stuff from Aloris? Wondering if they got swamped due to their announced sale (20% off). Or it is just the reality these days due to the ongoing pandemic disruption?
Amazon claims they can ship in 1-2 days:

Amazon claims they can ship in 1-2 days:
Thanks for the link. It is appreciated. I don't believe that shipping time. What that webpage says, it is available to ship in 1-2 days. This is BS doublespeak. "Available to ship" actually means nothing. The webpage also says it wouldn't be delivered until Friday January 14. Not coincidentally, that was the same time frame that my other sellers promised. Sorry to be so crabby sounding, but I'm no longer an Amazon cheerleader. Used to love their service, but the service is no longer what it was.

All that aside, the problem actually is with Aloris. They are backlogged. Two major tool suppliers couldn't get their orders taken care of. First one was Ajax Tools, the second was All Industrial. I don't blame either seller. Both were going to have Aloris drop ship to me, neither had the part in stock. Bet the same with Amazon. Oh, and I got a better price from All Industrial than what Amazon is offering.

This is the before, and after from my other post on my beast right angle tool, you can see a couple of the high spots the stone took care of.

That came out very well.:encourage:

I didn't buy anything all that exciting, especially compared to a lot of things in this thread but I did buy this.

Which is the little brother to the 6" one I bought a week or so ago. The 6" will come in handy once in a while but the 4" is better suited for my regular needs and at half the weight, it's easier to put on and off the table.

Also, a week ago I finally broke down and bought a set of 123 blocks. They're generic but better than what I've been using.
123.9_934x700.jpg

Last edited:
Brento, I ended up rotating the piece to submerge the important planes. The toweled wet surfaces did not respond as well the ones submerged. It took longer, but the important surfaces were able to be soaked.

Back