What did you make on your shaper?

Dranreb

Active User
Registered
Just spent a couple of happy days ripping the rust off old bits of scrap metal to find the pristine stuff within and getting to grips with the peculiarities of my new shaper...grin.gif

First things I'm going to try making will be some T nuts, some extra quick change tool holders, and for compound angle practice a better tangential tool holder...:bitingnails:

So what have you ingenious chaps made on your shapers, how adventurous have you been?

Bernard

PS Lots of nice pictures please

grin.gif

I've done a lot of facing, both top and end faces. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. I made the ends of the stakes for my truckbed the right shape, and I also made some fishing rod holders for my father in law, they have V ways on the outsides that go into a slot on the original base. I made a V block for holding stock in the mill. I made some rails for a motor mount on another shaper. I guess I should take some pictures and post them the next time I make something. It's a handy machine, I wouldn't want to be without one now that I have four.

I've done a lot of facing, both top and end faces. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. I made the ends of the stakes for my truckbed the right shape, and I also made some fishing rod holders for my father in law, they have V ways on the outsides that go into a slot on the original base. I made a V block for holding stock in the mill. I made some rails for a motor mount on another shaper. I guess I should take some pictures and post them the next time I make something. It's a handy machine, I wouldn't want to be without one now that I have four.

Four shapers ! ..top man! :thumbzup:

Just a minute, prepare to be bored though......

Gonna have to do better than that to bore us. Thanks for the post.......and pic Bernard, good stuff. Wish I had a shaper.

Last edited:
Back