What respirator do you wear, when grinding metals with toxicity?

I use the bitters test kit. I got nib on ebay for $50. I have to test for my business. If you are clean shaven and have the correct size mask and it is tight I personally would be satisfied if it were me. I have done enough test to see what works. Remember to us the alcohol wiped to clean an to seal in a bag or plastic tub when not using
Thanks,
I found a kit at mcmasterr-carr for 100. and uses bananna oil. I figure it is good to have , so we can all learn how yo put out mask on properly.
Thanks,
jon

Like I always told my guys, if you can smell it you are breathing it...

Binks mask, carbon fume with cotton dust filter
View attachment 77366
Hi,

Could you please tell me where you got those reddish tinted looking goggles that seem to be good for grinding metals I've been trying to look for them at McMaster or eBay and had not had any luck at all
thank you,
Jon

You need a particulate mask for dust and a carbon mask for fumes. Painters masks are not as good at filtering dust. I just figured I would add that.

I work in an oil refinery and we use the P100 + Multigas and that covers most things. Not sure on the cost per fiiter though might be expensive. I use the P100 and the 3M mask in my shop at home I find them way better than the paper masks.

Back