What's Missing?

Those are all Morse taper adapters. They are of very little use on a milling machine. They are generally used on a bigger drill press that has a Morse taper spindle when you need to use a drill bit that has a smaller Morse taper than the drill press.

If your quill is a Morse taper they will work fine for Morse taper shank drill bits or Morse taper shank drill chuck arbors. They would not work for holding an end mill for instance. For that you need a Morse taper end mill collet or holder that can be held in with the draw bar.

Those that are split......if you look up into them, are they square? If so, they are tap drivers, not collet adapters. They need nothing else for normal use in a drill press for example.

If they are split, they could be for center drills.

The ones with the slot towards end of the tang are to adapt a smaller morse taper shank to the spindle. Best guess is you have a #3 morse taper spindle, those look like adapters to a #2 and #1 morse tapers. The split ones like said above, are likely tap drivers, if squared inside. Not really very handy IMO. Most every thing you will need can be done with the drill chuck.

Thanks guys.

You've shown me that nothing is missing.

Just too much presumption on my end.

Thanks again. I learned another something new.

I think I know where the drill bits for those adapters are....

Some of the split ones may have cylindrical round bores, not tapered. They are meant to put normal, straight shank drill bits into. When you push the drill and collet into the spindle firmly the drill will be tightly held and should not spin when drilling (if neither are damaged.) Each one should be labeled with the drill size that fits it. The Scully-Jones ones I have say "drill size 9/64" or similar on the collet.

One has a D-shaped opening.

I presumed the others had cylindrical holes for endmills. I'll check for an internal taper.

I'll wipe 'em down and see what markings are on them...

I've got others with different tapers. One bunch fits the tailstock. Others are really small. I'll see about posting pix with clear dimensions.

The ones that are split look like drill drivers to me. In production drilling, the drills have a tang on the end, that fit into the slot of the driver. This gives a positive drive so the drills don't slip. Scully-Jones is the brand name I remember.

Back