X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

that probotix kit is way over priced and under powered the motors a 280 oz/in holding torque but the drivers and power supply are too small those drivers sell for 6.95 check ebay under stepper motor drivers list low to high when you hit $10.00 you allready passed these cards value . they are sucking in newbies with the 280 oz/in
steve

How about this kit i dont know anything about this stuff thats why i would like to buy something like this all done for me.
https://www.probotix.com/index.php?view=product&path=22&product_id=118

just an example this is stepper drivers at up to 50v 4.2 amps an opticaly isolated breakout board to protect your computer and 3.0 amp motors 287 oz/in. the power supply is 36 volts 10amps this setup is 4 times better than what you are looking at with the same size "holding" torque.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-3-Axis-...812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a70f352d4
the probotix parts are all chinese also they are just sold here under their name
If I searched more I probably could find better
steve

that kit was worse they are giving you 1 bigger motor and a tiny power supply 24v 6.5 amps sucks drop that site they are ripping off newbies by selling as kits and motor size nothing to power the motors

Check out the packages from Kelinginc. #2 is comparable in price to the second package you posted, but with larger steppers, and a beefier power supply. The drivers are also bipolar drivers vs the unipolar drivers from probotix. The Kelinginc kit does not come with a parallel port cable, but those can be had pretty cheap, especially if you have a local surplus electronic store. The probotix kit doesn't look that bad, but a 24V 6A supply seems underpowered for 3 steppers. Of course, I got the largest servos I Keling had when I did my conversion, so I may be guilty of overdesign...

http://kelinginc.com/CNCNEMA23Package3x.html

2: CNC 3 Axis Stepper Motor Kit with 425 oz-in motor and KL-4030
Bipolar Driver with 36V /9.7A Power Supply (110V/220VAC): $369

(3) 425 oz-in stepping motors, NEMA 23
(3) KL-4030 Drivers (3.0Amp 24-40 Volts, 1-1/64 microstepping)
(1) 36VDC/ 9.7A Power Supply 110VAC/220VAC
(1)C10 Breakout board
(1) 5V power supply

it may seem confusing but stepper motors are driven at much higher voltage than the motor says. up to 10 times higher. the higher the voltage the lower amperage the motor draws and you get more power out of the motor. in order to do this the motor controller has to be able to handle higher voltage and amps or you will have no power. its like dead batteries the motor will run but no power

see the kellings are running 36v 9.7amp much better the torque rating is holding torque not running torque running torque increases with higher voltage and amps these same motors at 48v 8amps will be way more powerful
the power comes from the power supply voltage and driver voltage/amp limits
also the faster a stepper turns the less power it has
the direct drive ballscrew kit you are looking at gets the most power out of the motors
steve

the kelling is a good buy at a fair price
steve

I'm planning a zx45 mill with 2 1600oz/in for x and y and a 4200oz/in for z
with 3/4 ball screws you cannot overbuild
this mill is going to base price out 3 axis at $3500 including the new mill
i put the parts list and part numbers in a post i'll find it if you want
steve

Back