Your Truck Might Be A Beater Truck If...

if your neighbor offers you a hundred bucks for it so he can use it for a planter.

if you get ticketed for driving without a vehicle.

if it's time to reupholster the paint bucket you use for a driver's seat.

if it's main purpose is to haul around bumpers, fenders and other non-essentials that have fallen off of it.

Tom

If you wired the ignition to the parking lights because the key switch wore out.

And a while after that the starter switch died so now there's a doorbell button under the dashboard to start it .

If your truck is almost eligable for SSI.

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

I'll do just about anything with a new truck that I would do with a beater. The exception being trying to yank a tree stump out of the ground, and I don't mean 'pull'. Trucks are for doing 'truck work'

Had a 72 Chevy truck that I'd yank pine tree stumps out with after cutting off the feeder roots. Put about 8' of slack in the chain and let her rip. The only thing I had concern about was the motor mounts letting go and the engine going through the radiator. With today's trucks they have the engine compartment crammed full and there is no room for wayward movement.

Another time had a new (2 week old) 85 1 ton Chevy crew cab dually that was loaded with construction debris and also a 16' trailer on it loaded up too. The day I went to the dump it had been raining for a couple of days. Well got to the dump and they had changed the road in the dump. Now it was a steep downgrade and then back up a hill. Couldn't turn around, muddy as heck so I gave it all I had and gunned it down the hill only to get buried in 2' of mud at the bottom. Truck and trailer. Up to the door sills. Got my 40' of HD chain out, flagged down the dozer operator, and he pulled me to where he wanted me to unload and then pulled me back through all that mud back to hard ground. That man got a extra $20 that day!

It's only the first scratch/dent that hurts

You know you have a beater truck ....

When you don't have to bother draining the oil, you just keep refilling it every day.

When you go to repack some old Levis in the seat and find a $20 in the previous owner's pants.

When you don't have to clean the glass, 'cause there isn't any.

When you have to wire 3 batteries in parallel to find enough juice to turn it over.

When you can see through the bed because it's rotted out.

When you carry a spare rim and a jack in the back to use for a belt drive pump or saw.

When you start it with a screwdriver (cross the solenoid poles or twist in the key switch).

When you get in it and the weeds are growing into the cab.

When dropping the tailgate takes on a whole new meaning.

And finally - When your air fresher is an open bottle of Catfish Dip Bait & Chix Livers.

This may be the funniest thread I've seen here--partly because it's obvious that everyone commenting is basing their comment on a truck they own or have owned: you can't make this stuff up!

Bill

Back