Need help in the Houston area

Weldingrod1

Registered
Registered
So... Houston got pasted by tornado stuff and 100 mph winds. Like lots of folks, my power is out. BUT, I have a properly Frankensteined genset with an Auragen coupled to the engine of my first generator.

This was all good until the coupling on the alternator let go. The tapered socket is boogered. If my lathe was running, I could bore it, press in a sleeve, re-taper it, and be back in business.

But, and it's a big one... I don't have any 220 to run my lathe

So, are there any members in the Houston area with power that I could impose on for some shop time?

Assuming I don't just go buy a fresh generator, or the power comes back on...

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I'm borrowing a buddy's generator, so I should be able to do my own fix... and not be all stressed doing it!

Here's the part...
7c17143b17928565132ef3d14d7b9920.jpg

I'm borrowing a buddy's generator, so I should be able to do my own fix... and not be all stressed doing it!

Here's the part...
7c17143b17928565132ef3d14d7b9920.jpg

I just went to their website. I am intrigued but they have a ****ty website, that provides no pricing, and everything says We're working to improve the user experience of this website. This page will be available shortly.
what size did you buy, and how much?

I have a 5000 Watt continous, bought in the 90s, and finally put in use in 2021. Great unit for a BIG truck. Decent for a 13 hp engine.
Super fun axial flux alternator.

That's boogered, all right. Looks like some of the parts off of the battleship's guns.

Back