POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I made a brass tag for my southbend. It’s in memory of the man I got the mill, bandsaw, southbend, pantograph, tool and cutter grinder and tons of tooling. Everything I used on this project except for the pin vise and the coping saw I got from him. I started with a sheet of brass and traced out a tag. Cut it with a coping saw then filed it. Marked the holes and used a pin vise to drill them. I set up the pantograph and cut the letters. Painted the letters, sanded off the excess paint then polished it to a mirror finish. I attached it to the lathe with two copper rivets.

Attachments

• IMG_6890.jpeg
    IMG_6890.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6903.jpeg
    IMG_6903.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6905.jpeg
    IMG_6905.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I made a brass tag for my southbend. It’s in memory of the man I got the mill, bandsaw, southbend, pantograph, tool and cutter grinder and tons of tooling. Everything except for the pin vise and the coping saw I got from him. I started with a sheet of brass and traced out a tag. Cut it with a coping saw then filed it. Marked the holes and used a pin vise to drill them. I set up the pantograph and cut the letters. Painted the letters, sanded off the excess paint then polished it to a mirror finish. I attached it to the lathe with two copper rivets.
Nice work Braeden. And nice to remember and honor him in that way.

I have in the past Jeff but I'm past it at this point ...........................................until the next time . :grin:
You are just cleaning up too well, creating a vacuum that sucks in more tools. Leave some dirt, a few obstacles, etc in the way after moving something out so it doesn't create a new hole begging to be filled with some tool.

Back