Tramming PM 833tv

The best way to get a good feel for how tight the gibs are is to adjust them with the lead screw removed or disconnected..
Never heard of that before. That would require potentially significant disassembly on some machines.

Never heard of that before. That would require potentially significant disassembly on some machines.
Yes I would probably not disassemble a tool just to adjust the gibs but if you are in the process of rebuilding and reassembling a machine the best time to adjust the gibs is before installing the lead screw. Easy to slide it back and forth and see if any areas need a little extra scraping.

Yes I would probably not disassemble a tool just to adjust the gibs but if you are in the process of rebuilding and reassembling a machine the best time to adjust the gibs is before installing the lead screw. Easy to slide it back and forth and see if any areas need a little extra scraping.

I can see that for rebuilding but just to adjust the gibs there should not be any scraping going on.

Back