It takes me too long to read CAD prints. They are not the same as hard drawn. Sometimes things cannot be seen.I don't really want or need to learn a CAD program just get a better understanding of it.

It takes me too long to read CAD prints. They are not the same as hard drawn. Sometimes things cannot be seen.I don't really want or need to learn a CAD program just get a better understanding of it.

Gotcha... Most CAD programs can create traditional 2D projection drawings but many people these days don't bother.

Question: When I show you a diagram like this one, does it make sense? If not, I'll spend time this weekend with a write-up about how and why it looks this way.

SpringSupport.JPG

Ray

I think I understand what Billy G is saying.
Most people send or post cad files showing either just 1 view or sometimes a partial view. Where as a hand drawn print usually shows 3 views. Therefore it is easier for some to visualize the part with all 3 views.
The view Ray posted can be confusing to many. Even some of us that do use cad.

OK. I get it. I'll explain why this is happening and going forward, when I post diagrams, I'll try to show more context. I could draw traditional 2D drawings but, it's an extra step (and a time-consuming one at that).

I'll post here later today and tomorrow.

Ray

You cannot take for granted that people will know what you are showing. For the most part when you do and they don't understand they will not come back or ask questions. They do not wish to show that they do not know.

Back