1" - 10 internal thread

minsk

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
im having a hard time finding out what the inside diameter should be on a 1"-10 thread...im a rookie so be nice. making a spindle protector.
my threading tool came today :).

I have a faceplate with that thread, the ID of the thread measures 1.025"

Subtract the pitch from the major diameter to give you your minor diameter. Example 1/4-20. Pitch is 1/20 = .050" so .250 minus your pitch (.050"). Minor diameter is .200". The important thing is to be able to hit the right pitch diameter for the clas of thread. The Pitch diameter is an imaginary diameter where the v of the threads have the same distance across the thread and the v where it is bisected. Think of a triangle. Two imaginary lines form the cylinder and this is your pitch diameter.

Subtract the pitch from the major diameter to give you your minor diameter. Example 1/4-20. Pitch is 1/20 = .050" so .250 minus your pitch (.050"). Minor diameter is .200". The important thing is to be able to hit the right pitch diameter for the clas of thread. The Pitch diameter is an imaginary diameter where the v of the threads have the same distance across the thread and the v where it is bisected. Think of a triangle. Two imaginary lines form the cylinder and this is your pitch diameter.
So how do you measure to get a class 3 internal thread? I have no problem measuring for a class 3 external.

1-10 UNS class 2B internal thread minor dia. min .892 max .913. Pitch dia. min .935 max .943. Major dia 1.00

Back