1 st Edition Machinery's Handbook

Is that way over priced?

I have a 1st edition reprint that I got pretty cheap. They must have printed more of them than they can sell at retail. Look around and find a reprint at a good price. It is really interesting reading, and do not think for a moment that 1914 was the dark ages of machinery and machining. That first edition has just about all the stuff you need to know for working on today's projects. It also has indispensable information for people who have machinery from that era. Can't remember for sure, but I think I paid about $20 for mine including shipping, new and in the box. It made for many months of bathroom reading material, one page at a time!

Someone from here gifted me a 1st edition reprint in the original box. I also have a 10th edition. Not much change in the 10th. If anything.

Wow it looks lie rodents gnawed on it.
I bet it doesn't smell too good.

Wear gloves.....and not for protection of the old book!

-brino

I have a First Edition, not the reprint, the real deal. I got it at auction for a pretty penny. Not even a mint one would fetch $5500.00 . $2000.00 maybe because of its rarity. They get harder to find all the time.

"Billy G"

Wow, I had no idea the originals went for that much! My brother got me a 1st edition reprint this past Christmas, I thought it was pretty cool but I haven't even looked through it. It looks like a Bible to me.

Back