10” Brown and Sharpe Rotary Table Cacraficial Mounting Plate

Jeff, first fit the plate to the chuck so it is located rigidly. Tight fitting round (or square or whatever) steel pins to fit the narrow portions of the t-slots below the plate along with the centering pin you made will effectively make the tooling plate an integral part of the RT. Do that first. Try to have the plate fitting on the center pin tighter than the .001-.002" clearance you mentioned. Not only will it be less accurate if it has play, it will also be less rigid, which can cause chatter when using it. Make everything fit tight and snug.

""My concern would be recent earring it ""
Mister Silverhawk, I really want to hear your advice, what did you mean to say?

What Bob and others have said. I can't believe I messed that up, but I meant re-centering, not recent earring. (Sigh)

One of the guys at work has a set of transfer pins. I am thinking that would be a good way to center the chuck and mark for drilling.
Bob, I mentioned .001-.002” because the plate fits snug over the pin.
I turned it to .001 for clearance, it’s tight but can be moved on and off with a bit of wiggling.
I see what you mean about, everything tight, chatter creeps in at every opportunity I have found.
(Edit) Bob, I’m glad you mentioned the round or square locating pins for the plate to table fit.
I was heading off a different direction.

Back