• June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

10" Brown and Sharpe Rotary Table Refurbish

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Janderso

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Please see the pics. It was a fun project. I took it apart, degreased, evaporust and reassembly with some new paint.
Now, what to do with it? Sell it or use it? It is tight, the table fits into the base very tight but smooth as glass.

Attachments

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
I am such a sucker for anything that they ever made!
We have noticed that, John... ;) I am also a sucker for B&S tools and machines. Great stuff, at least up until lately.

Janderso

Does anyone know about how old this 10” Brown and Sharpe May be?
I have decided to keep it for now, I have some ideas for a project or two where it will improve my skills and come in handy.

Technical Ted

Hang on to it! It might not get used much, but when you come across a project where you need one you will be glad it's sitting there under the dust! :)

Ted

Silverbullet

If you think about it , there's tons of things it can do over a vise or table. Plus with an angle plate it can be mounted at an angle or any angle with an adjustable angle plate. Give it a wipe of tacky oil and cover with a rag and stick it on a shelf. That's a top shelf table you have don't part with it . You'll never get a better made one.

Janderso

If you think about it , there's tons of things it can do over a vise or table. Plus with an angle plate it can be mounted at an angle or any angle with an adjustable angle plate. Give it a wipe of tacky oil and cover with a rag and stick it on a shelf. That's a top shelf table you have don't part with it . You'll never get a better made one.
I never thought about an angle plate. I have seen the Vertex rotary tables that can be turned 90 degrees.
Good thinking.
Yeah, it's a well made tool. There is no slop anywhere. Smooth as glass.
It's a keeper.

Janderso

Ha, I actually used it when I welded one of the grinder stands. A little spin, weld, a little spin, weld, you get the idea.

[6]
[5] [7]