Usmcdevildog

Registered
Registered
I cant even hardly believe this but I gotta say wow.. So I was just recently medically retired from the marine corps, Damn IED's are no joke. And I was just recently as in 3 weeks or so released from walter reed hospital. I called grizzly awhile back and explained to them I was in the hospital and could not order yet because I was not home to accept the shipment. They were having their 10% military discount, the girl told me how much she appreciated my service blah blah blah and that it was no big deal ( I explained to her it was going to be a few more weeks maybe 2 months before I got discharged) no biggie she says just call us back when you get home and we will give you the 10% she took all my info and said she would note my account, not including after I bought my bridgeport I bought a grizzly 0619 to CNC, folks I am just trying to get into a hobby to pass the time, I am 30 and medically retired I want to do something.. Anyhow I call today and speak to the CSR and they tell me no they cant do it, I explain the whole situation, and ask 3 times to speak to a supervisor. Finally the supervisor gets on and basically tells me the same thing, and says they never noted the account but that it wouldnt matter if they had because their hands were tied.. I am trying to purchase a g4003g lathe its like 3500.00 and because I was in the hospital getting shrapnel yanked from my body and having 3 hip surgeries I was LIED to.. I do not understand why these customer service people tell you things that just arent true I was really looking forward to buying this lathe.. Should I just say screw it and buy the lathe or shop some where else due to principles??

Maybe the lathe gods were trying to step in and guide you to another purchase. I think there are some good old made in USA lathes better than any imports. And myself and country thank you…Dave.

there are some great old iron lathes out there, but I do not trust myself enough at my skill level to know if I am bying a piece of junk.. Thanks dave... Its just really crappy of a company to do, if you dont offer discounts ever or tell me I cant use it later fine.... but dont say yeah we got you covered and when I call tell me to basically screw off. I mean I am sure my 300 bucks I was gonna save isnt gonna hurt grizzly but it really helps a fella who cant work who draws a medical pension from the goverment.. I love to tinker and love to shoot and have heard great things about this lathe.. Really wanted to buy it

+ 1
Maybe the lathe gods were trying to step in and guide you to another purchase.:encourage:

I have the 4003g, and I am ok with it. But it was not my first choice.
I was going to buy from mat at PM. However there was a problem at the time with shipping or dock problems. I really don't remember other than I was in need of a lathe and did not have time to fight with old used lathes and loose money at the same time so I ordered from grizzly and to this day I still wish I had been able to wait.

Now is the time to find out if the stars are aligned for you call mat see what he has to offer. :encourage:
Good luck
Tomh

Having both used old machinery and seeing large Grizzly lathes, I'd go Grizzly. The only reason I didn't is because I got a deal on my lathe, and did't have the money for a grizz.

Thank you for your service!

I was really back and forth on the g0776 and the 4003g and this just put more of a damper on things.. what would you guys do go with the 0776 or the 4003g, IF they give me what they said they would 10%

Not only the lathe gods, but members here are subliminally suggesting you look elsewhere. I've been on the fence about ordering a G0709 for a couple of weeks and the more individuals I've talked to that own them the less I think I'd be happy with it. Take your time and look around. Frankly, if they'd lied to me I wouldn't buy anything from them out of principle but I'm old and already well tooled up.

Just cruised through the Quality Machine Tools website (Precision Mathews). Their 12 x 36 is priced at $3348 delivered. Add the preferred package for another $300. Not sure of availability but Matt is a great guy to deal with.

It's service men like you that ensure our freedom. Thank you.

Tom S.

Thanks for your service.

What you write would turn me off to buying from them. Pretty insensitive of them. I wish I were closer to help ya out. I work in the Technology Dept of a Community College, running their machine shops.

I just think its crap, Ive never been one to look for a hand out simply wanted what was offered, I guess I will call this Matt fella I just looked over there and really like that 1340gt its SWEET

Back