10EE Problem

Matt

I'm glad you got your EE up and running.

I talked to Scott @ Monarch and he said they use 7 1/2 hp with VFD to upgrade machines.
That combo gives great power at all rpm ranges .
I think they also use the 2 speed gearbox but I'm not 100% on that.

Hal

Matt

I'm glad you got your EE up and running.

I talked to Scott @ Monarch and he said they use 7 1/2 hp with VFD to upgrade machines.
That combo gives great power at all rpm ranges .
I think they also use the 2 speed gearbox but I'm not 100% on that.

Hal

Is that a 3phase motor?

There is a 3phase 10hp NIB Baldor on my local CL for $250.00. I'm thinking on buying it and putting it in inventory against the inevitable day my 10EE electronics throw big time craps.

I have a friend who can install the VFD.

Right now my machine is purring along like The Wife's 60 year old Singer. "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Is that a 3phase motor?

There is a 3phase 10hp NIB Baldor on my local CL for $250.00. I'm thinking on buying it and putting it in inventory against the inevitable day my 10EE electronics throw big time craps.

Right now my machine is purring along like The Wife's 60 year old Singer. "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

I would think it is a 3 phase, Give Scott @ Monarch and ask him what they use for power on their latest 10EE's. He is very helpful.
You might do some checking on the size of that 10 HP to make sure it will fit. I think some people use a 7 1/2 HP( Black Max ?) and it's a tight fit.
I think some guys use a 10HP without a gear box, and a 7 1/2 HP with the later style heavy duty gear box.
Do a search on the PM forum.

Hal

Last edited:
Is that a 3phase motor?

Is that a 3phase motor?

Yes it's a three phase motor (the speed of single phase motors can't be varied with a VFD). A 7 1/2 HP three phase motor with a 1:5 reduction gear box is what Monarch Lathes uses in a new 10EE. See: http://www.monarchlathe.com/sites/default/files/Monarch-EE-Series.pdf It's also what they use in their "remanufacturing" of 10EE's.
David

Back