MON 10EE Solid State Tube Replacement

DAT510

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
For the 10EE owners, I just came across this: A Silicon Controlled Rectifier (SCR) "Drop in" replacement for the C16J Thyratron tubes.

I haven't seen anything posted on H-M. Looks like it could be a reasonable solution where you can keep the advantage of the original electronics without the tubes.

Hope this helps.

Looks like a great idea- More efficient and it even appears that two whole filament transformers can be eliminated. I see there is still one tube left in the system after installation- wonder if that one could be replaced also? Not familiar enough with the 10EE DC drive. The remaining tube is probably the phase shifter which drives the C16Js which would be difficult to do a drop in replacement for unless more extensive circuit mods were made.
-Mark

Last edited:
Not only do they work EXCELLENTLY, but the owner Tim went above and beyond in helping me figure out the issues with my Modular drive. He sells the module and electronic tubes at a lifesaving price. I ordered a set and then a another spare set (as Monarch suggests in the original manual) since the Modular drive scares the crap out of me. I want it to stay working!

Back