11 days off ( - 5 1/2 hrs )

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Although I dislike my current work schedule , I just realized I have off 11 days in a row other than Weds night which is my short night . I think I can get some major work done on my cleaning in the toolsheds . For once , these crazy hours worked out for me ! :beer bottles:

There's one thing I hate when I get more than a few consecutive days off of work. I really don't want to go back to work but I guess I don't even need one day off to have that feeling. :big grin:

I know the feeling Will , I have 4 days off every week . I have to cram 45 hours into 4 nights , and they have to re-train me each week ! LOL , I might not find my way back after 11 days off .
:dancing banana:

:laughing:

Yep, if I had 11 days off, I don't think I'd even remember where my work was! :D

Congrats, enjoy you time off. I'm sure it will go by too quick like it does for all of us.

I'm sure it will . I have plenty of work on the honey-do list in front of me , but I have to continue cleaning up the tools . I've had a VFD sitting in my bedroom for 3 months now because I can't get to the breaker box or the BP . One of these days I'll be able to USE the machines rather than move them place to place . I just finished up an end mill holder that holds 150 or so , I'll spend some time filling that up . I'm still in condensing mode . :rolleyes:

Last time I had 11 consecutive days off was 1984!

What till you retire. Its even better! :D

I gauge progress by why I accomplish at home, not work. Accomplishing something material at is SO much more rewarding than pushing papers or typing reports at work.

I can't remember 11 days off... That would be great, enjoy it! I'm counting the ~200 days until I have >10,000 (hopefully) days off.

If I took 11 days off it would break down something like this:
Day 1 - sleep late just because then berate myself for wasting the morning then run around like a fool trying to prioritize all the disparate tasks.
Day 2 - start task 1 and discover that I don’t have six of the twenty things required to do said task
Day 3 - run all over town trying to source the aforementioned six things. Get 3 and order the rest
Day 4 - start task 2 and discover that I have to undo 5 things to start.
Day 5 - actually start task 2
Day 6 - finish task 2
Day 7 - start task 3 only to discover that the planned approach isn’t going to work so spend half the day revising the plan.
Day 8 - start task 3 only to be distracted by a friend that needs a part made.
Day 9 - finish task 3
Day 10 - start and finish task 4. Yippee!
Day 11 - parts for task 1 arrive. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back