[How do I?] 110v to 220v change

Ulma, maybe I am way off on my thinking, but based on the numbers you put on the terminals, they don’t line up with the numbers that would make it run with 110v according to the motor plate. Is it running the way it is wired currently?

It is currently running on 110v.
I also verified with the previous owner that it was on 110v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a way to test the new configuration with a multimeter?

Ulma, maybe I am way off on my thinking, but based on the numbers you put on the terminals, they don’t line up with the numbers that would make it run with 110v according to the motor plate. Is it running the way it is wired currently?
it is possible that i have transposed T4 and T5 and the T2, T6 on the labeling
if that is the case it may look like this
2.jpg

if this is the correct layout, T5 would be jumped to either T4 or T1, dependent on direction desired for 220v operation

this does check out with the wiring diagram on the motor

Last edited:
I get what you did there, however that still doesn’t make the terminal numbers line up in a way that corresponds with the 4 different ways the motor plate shows for 110v that work. I am confused!!! I am trying to come up with a way that meets both criteria and am having trouble!!
Ryan

Managed to find numbers on the terminals using a bright raking light.
This is the layout:
56e8448fd4672b67a4b7d425b5b9499a.jpg

So I think the jumper between T4 and T6 needs to come off T4 and move to connect T3 and T6.
Can someone verify my thinking

What I don't quite understand is how/where those three jumpers are shown. 1-5, 5-3, 4-6
I don't see them being referenced on the tag.
:concerned:

Last edited:
From the diagram, 5 and 6 are the terminals for the start circuit as they are interchanged in the wiring diagram. For 220 operation, the two run windings are connected in series rather than parallel. The start circuit is still run on 110 so it is connected across one of the run windings. One connection is to the junction of the two run windings and the other to the ends of the run windings.
The two run windings are 2-4 and 1-3. For 220, 2 and 3 are connected together along with 6 and 1 and 4 are connected to the mains. 5 is connected to 1` or 4 depending upon which rotation you want.

The problem is identifying the terminals. I see that you have now done this so you should be home free. Left column tied together and 220 connected to top right and bottom right and center right connected to top right.

Managed to find numbers on the terminals using a bright raking light.
This is the layout:

So I think the jumper between T4 and T6 needs to come off T4 and move to connect T3 and T6.
Can someone verify my thinking

boy was i off, it makes sense now

Last edited:
Back