120v plug with locking mechanism

I have always just tied the ends of the two cords together and pug them in. It can not pull apart until you are ready, adds zero weight, is fast and simple and effective.
that's not going to work, I need it to not hang up while sanding. That sander needs to be able to move so I don't gouge my wood. I want a short tail, and to knot them would require a longer tail. If I keep the tail real short, I might get away with it not even touching down on the wood at all. And... I want it to be connected with my vac hose.. I would be able to velcro the hose and power cable together and quickly attach. If I have to knot it, then I need more than my vac, and it's not going to make it as nice to use.

I have always just tied the ends of the two cords together and pug them in. It can not pull apart until you are ready, adds zero weight, is fast and simple and effective.
I worked pro A/V for years and this is what we did. I cut the ends off cords when someone has snipped off the ground prong but not off perfectly good ones.

However, I think I know where you’re headed with this ;)

Festool and Bosch both have something similar. I would like to declutter my sanding area, and other areas. What I found is not what I want, but I want something similar.

John

I think what you want isn't made. You'd have to go with something other than the standard 120 volt stuff, like Hubbell twist locks
And that's not what you want.
The American system has it's weaknesses, but it's what we're stuck with. Euro isn't much better

Here is another option.https://www.amazon.com/Powerzone-Power-Zone-ORCACDL01-Plastic/dp/B01MG0WXN5

For tools like a belt sander, planer, or router, a very short pigtail or even a plug fastened to the tool frame might be an answer.

I want a short tail, and to knot them would require a longer tail. ...l. And... I want it to be connected with my vac hose.. I would be able to velcro the hose and power cable together and quickly attach. If I have to knot it, then I need more than my vac, and it's not going to make it as nice to use.
Well, if price and time are no problem, Amphenol's mil circular connectors can be pressed into
this service; P-lok as described here
Amphe-power connectors
seems appropriate, but... it's a lot of work and a lot of accessories to make
a pair of connectors connect mechanically and electrically, and stocking distributors are
few. I got a six-month lead time quote on some of the oddballs, once: quite a shock.

One advantage; if you want to remote-switch your vac, it just needs a couple of extra pins, and
there's lots of 'insert' pinouts available.

Well, if price and time are no problem, Amphenol's mil circular connectors can be pressed into
this service; P-lok as described here
Amphe-power connectors
seems appropriate, but... it's a lot of work and a lot of accessories to make
a pair of connectors connect mechanically and electrically, and stocking distributors are
few. I got a six-month lead time quote on some of the oddballs, once: quite a shock.

One advantage; if you want to remote-switch your vac, it just needs a couple of extra pins, and
there's lots of 'insert' pinouts available.
too specialized. I could not use that with an extension cord, so I would have to bring the dedicated cable.

lockout.png

Cord lokout devise

Back