120v plug with locking mechanism

Here's the thing you want: a locking female socket:

Locking Extension Cords, 25 Feet Long, Yellow

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
Looks very similar to the one I ended up “decapitating” with the hatchet…

well the bosch was even smaller than the porter cable.
damn, that one I don't have. I'll have to order it.
20230224_152257.jpg

I didn't take measurements of the connector I need. But I am struggling to find small ones with right angle connectors. Mouser is difficult to narrow it down with, so switched to DigiKey.. I have always disliked both web sites. I find them difficult to navigate. The one connector I found said 24 weeks lead time. :rolleyes: I don't need qty so that would suck. I could guess at the size, but think I need to open the bosch up again. I have other tools, so I probably should get all my ducks in a row first. I thought shortening the lead and keeping the molded plug was going to be easy.

I have racked my brain trying to remember where the small crimp connectors I have are. Of course as soon as I decide to order new, or tin the leads, I'll find them... Why it's not in my electrical draw, or separator... I don't know.

I have other work to do, a lot of other work.. so it will wait. I do need to sand a new piece of furniture I am making, and really want to have the sanders ready before I start finishing it.

well, picked up a cord at HD today. I found a nice flexible outdoor cord. Came home and cut 3 of my tools up.
what a difference. I have more to do. The area is so much neater without the cables. I might even do my circ saw and sawsall. Just so I don't have to wrap the cables and put them back in their storage boxes.
PXL_20230304_013158788.jpgPXL_20230304_014410157.jpgPXL_20230304_014334734.jpg

Last edited:
Back