12z Update And Status After A Year.

Well there is the forum on cnczone, but few post there.

Thanks Tim, know about those folks. I won't go over there either. No manual guys over there.

OK, ball screws are on the way. UPS says they'll get here next Wed.. :)

Paul at CO has been sending me some emails with some instructions, required mods, and pictures.

I have not done this yet, as I'm awaiting the kit so I can visualize this better, but a pocket has to be milled for the Y-axis ball screw and mount.

DSCN0773.jpg

Next, you have to modify the mill base by lengthening the center slot by 3" (this is my mill) IMG_0615.JPG

And for those with chip trays, you either have to remove the chip tray, or cut a hole in it so you can access the bottom of the saddle/Y-axis ball nut mount. So...I cut a hole in my chip tray between the front two base webbings. :(

IMG_0616.JPG

I have not done this yet, but I have to enlarge the hole in the front of the base. I'm waiting to see just how big I need, but Paul sent me a pic of the rig they use. He says it works great when they are doing 6 or more machines at a time. Not sure what this getup is.

DSCN0776.jpg
Here's a pic Paul sent showing the X-axis screw and nut installed.

DSCN0794.jpg
Here's a couple of pics showing the assembly of the ball nut, ball nut nose, and ball nut mount. Guess I get to make a spanner to assemble these...

DSCN1158.jpg
DSCN1159.jpg
More to follow...

OK, ball screws are on the way. UPS says they'll get here next Wed.. :)

Paul at CO has been sending me some emails with some instructions, required mods, and pictures.

I have not done this yet, as I'm awaiting the kit so I can visualize this better, but a pocket has to be milled for the Y-axis ball screw and mount.

View attachment 116488

Next, you have to modify the mill base by lengthening the center slot by 3" (this is my mill) View attachment 116489

And for those with chip trays, you either have to remove the chip tray, or cut a hole in it so you can access the bottom of the saddle/Y-axis ball nut mount. So...I cut a hole in my chip tray between the front two base webbings. :(

View attachment 116490

I have not done this yet, but I have to enlarge the hole in the front of the base. I'm waiting to see just how big I need, but Paul sent me a pic of the rig they use. He says it works great when they are doing 6 or more machines at a time. Not sure what this getup is.

View attachment 116491
Here's a pic Paul sent showing the X-axis screw and nut installed.

View attachment 116492
Here's a couple of pics showing the assembly of the ball nut, ball nut nose, and ball nut mount. Guess I get to make a spanner to assemble these...

View attachment 116493
View attachment 116494
More to follow...
Looks like Wednesday will be Christmas for both of us!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Bill good thing you kept your little guy so that you can still machin some parts!

Yup, he's just waiting for me to start. :D

IMG_0618.jpg

Bill are you going to support the opposite end of the X screw with a bearing given how long the table is? Also angular bearings give you some wiggle room but your reference will be the end of the table, if its not square front to back and with the top of the table you can put the bearings into a bind requiring shims to correct or surfacing of the end of the table. Get it right and you will love those screws, but take it slow and methodical it can be frustrating to get everything aligned.

Right now I'm waiting to see what is in the kit, but yea, I'm not going to rush this.

Back