$13 including shipping - 6" 3 Jaw 2 Pcs Reversible Self Centering Lathe Chuck w/ 1-1/2-8 Back Plate

Yeah, mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. No notification either way so just cancelled the order (with appropriate comments). Will follow up with credit card company to make sure I was not charged.

I went through the ebay buyers protection (thinking it would help build up a file against them, and not just a bunch of canceled transactions). About 2 hours later, I had the money back.

Like I said above, since our numbers are a handfull, the negatives we give, do not make even a tiny dent in their overall feed back. They are still listed as a Top Rated: seller with the highest buyer ratings. Nothing we can do about that.

I will try not to buy anything from Chino Ca. That much I can do.

This seems to have escalated into a full time preoccupation.

I would doubt that the seller was trying to scam anyone. There are too many checks and balances in the way. Getting away with a few "sales" that weren't followed up on for $13 each would seem pretty futile. If I were trying to do so, I would have made the sales price much higher. More likely, the seller misquoted a selling price of $130.00 as $13.00. This would be consistent with other offerings. While they should have just cancelled orders saying that the sales price was in error, for whatever reason, they didn't do so. Perhaps this was due to their inexperience. I suspect that many of these e-bay sellers are operating out of their residences, just trying to make a few extra bucks. More than likely, they are totally unfamiliar with US commerce laws.

From a buyer's standpoint, it is ludicrous to think that someone would be selling a new 6" 3 jaw chuck with reversible jaws and backing plate for $13, shipping included. Even if it were a stolen item, the cost of shipping would eat up any incentive.

Expecting someone to make good on an misquoted offer just seems less than charitable IMO.

Had they been open and HONEST about a mistake my reaction would have been totally the opposite on this matter.
To me, as it stands THEY are in the wrong and deserve whatever bad feedback they get !! MO

This seems to have escalated into a full time preoccupation.

I would doubt that the seller was trying to scam anyone. There are too many checks and balances in the way. Getting away with a few "sales" that weren't followed up on for $13 each would seem pretty futile. If I were trying to do so, I would have made the sales price much higher. More likely, the seller misquoted a selling price of $130.00 as $13.00. This would be consistent with other offerings. While they should have just cancelled orders saying that the sales price was in error, for whatever reason, they didn't do so. Perhaps this was due to their inexperience. I suspect that many of these e-bay sellers are operating out of their residences, just trying to make a few extra bucks. More than likely, they are totally unfamiliar with US commerce laws.

From a buyer's standpoint, it is ludicrous to think that someone would be selling a new 6" 3 jaw chuck with reversible jaws and backing plate for $13, shipping included. Even if it were a stolen item, the cost of shipping would eat up any incentive.

Expecting someone to make good on an misquoted offer just seems less than charitable IMO.

I have to disagree, they said they shipped the items to all of us, clearly untrue, when I started a dispute, they went on to, “ say our policy is to not ship a replacement until the dispute is closed “ and “ our policy doesnt allow tracking” aren’t the actions of an honest mistake or reputable seller. And the unfortunate things is as I mentioned earlier, this is a common scam that overseas sellers use, listing items very inexpensively with the hope that buyers will forget that $10-$15 purchase that may take a while to receive. Just my take

Back