$13 including shipping - 6" 3 Jaw 2 Pcs Reversible Self Centering Lathe Chuck w/ 1-1/2-8 Back Plate

Not sure what is going on but they supposedly sold 3 today and yesterday for $126.95. That's probably good news for us $13 folks.

Maybe not. I emailed the seller a couple of days ago and asked if they could provide me with a tracking number. Today I received this reply...

Sorry for that.the item we sent to you with logistics company.
We contacted with the shipping company to check the parcel ,but there is no information about it.
we do not know if it is lost .
How about we refund you first ? then you pay us back once you receive it .is that ok?
if you receive it later, or you could kindly refuse to sign it to let it return back to us.
do you agree? if you don't agree, can you don't be angry? just E-mail back to us to show us your opinion.
we apologize for this situation.hope you understand,thanks.
Waiting for your reply to follow up.
Best regards

Not sure what this means, but hints that they screwed up the price/posting and the item drop ships from California and now are looking for a way out of taking a loss. I replied with this.

I want the item I ordered for the price I paid. If it was lost, that is your problem. Please send a replacement. I see that the item is still for sale and you show it in stock on your Ebay listing, although the price has now changed. If you listed the item for an incorrect price, that was your error, not mine. I placed the order in good faith and I have paid. Please send me the item as listed. I do not want a refund. If you do not do so, I will file a formal complaint with Ebay for trying to scam and cheat customers. Please reply with your intentions.

So.. we'll see, but I have a feeling that we will likely get a refund and probably not gonna get the chuck

Maybe not. I emailed the seller a couple of days ago and asked if they could provide me with a tracking number. Today I received this reply...

Sorry for that.the item we sent to you with logistics company.
We contacted with the shipping company to check the parcel ,but there is no information about it.
we do not know if it is lost .
How about we refund you first ? then you pay us back once you receive it .is that ok?
if you receive it later, or you could kindly refuse to sign it to let it return back to us.
do you agree? if you don't agree, can you don't be angry? just E-mail back to us to show us your opinion.
we apologize for this situation.hope you understand,thanks.
Waiting for your reply to follow up.
Best regards

Not sure what this means, but hints that they screwed up the price/posting and the item drop ships from California and now are looking for a way out of taking a loss. I replied with this.

I want the item I ordered for the price I paid. If it was lost, that is your problem. Please send a replacement. I see that the item is still for sale and you show it in stock on your Ebay listing, although the price has now changed. If you listed the item for an incorrect price, that was your error, not mine. I placed the order in good faith and I have paid. Please send me the item as listed. I do not want a refund. If you do not do so, I will file a formal complaint with Ebay for trying to scam and cheat customers. Please reply with your intentions.

So.. we'll see, but I have a feeling that we will likely get a refund and probably not gonna get the chuck

"or you could kindly refuse to sign it to let it return back to us. "
This kind-of means it would be tracked, my chuck said arriving today, not holding out hope.

Relax. They're likely using the cheapest shipping they can.

Give it a week or 2. Then if you don't get it, file a claim with ebay.

The thing is, you knew it was a mistake when you ordered. Why be a jerk?

Because the seller advertised the item at that price and accepted an order for it. Legally, they are supposed to satisfy the order. When
a seller advertises at one price, and then later claims that the price is actually higher it's called Bait And Switch and it's illegal.

Because the seller advertised the item at that price and accepted an order for it. Legally, they are supposed to satisfy the order. When
a seller advertises at one price, and then later claims that the price is actually higher it's called Bait And Switch and it's illegal.
Bait and switch is when they knowingly send an inferior product. This is not that.

If you want to talk legal, read ebays terms of service that you agreed to when you started using their service. Sellers are allowed to cancel sales. It happens.

At this point, the seller has not cancelled anything and seems to be making good on their mistake. That's very nice of them - I probably would have cancelled the sales made at the wrong price.

If I get the chuck, I'll be happy. If I don't, I won't be upset. In that case, ebay will give me my money back.

Its not just a simple pricing error, when they advertised the same price, across several different E-bay seller names. I believe state laws would prevail over E-bays terms. The question is which states law?

The seller at this point, obviously knows of the error. To Say it was shipped, and lost, is on the verge of fraud, if not outright fraud. The seller should have canceled the order, and refunded the money. Not hold onto our money, and hope we forget.

IF they would have simply canceled the orders, and refunded the money when they realized the error, I would not like it, but that is within their rights by E-bays terms. But to tell us all they have been shipped, changes everything. At what point do they intend to refund our money? Only after we complain? after making us wait for an item that they never did ship?

Here is an excerpt of Ca law. Ive included subdivision (f), since it was referenced.

"
(e) Except as provided in subdivision (f), for purposes of this section, when more than one price for the same commodity is advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted, the person offering the commodity for sale shall charge the lowest of those prices.
(f) Pricing may be subject to a condition of sale, such as membership in a retailer-sponsored club, the purchase of a minimum quantity, or the purchase of multiples of the same item, provided that the condition is conspicuously posted in the same location as the price."

Most states take pricing errors seriously. I just do not know how they apply to internet sales.

Back