1340GT decision

I bought the 1228 as my first car without knowing how to drive. It is for personal use, but surprisingly I have a project that is making some cash. I don't expect it to be a long run, but it's fun, and I'm learning. The car gets me where I want to go, and does what I want it to do, but I would be a little happier if it was bigger, and had more power.

Precision Matthews states 5 year warranty. That is for parts only. If you need the parts removed and new ones installed, you as the consumer pay for that labor?

Hmm if it’s your money and you can pay it off and not take a loan I’d say go for it. I recommend the 3 phase and purchase a VFD. 3 phase motors don’t blow capacitors and pretty much just work. No moving parts like single phase motors also smoother.

That and I recommend getting a dro with tool offsets. That can really increase your productivity.

I also have a cnc lathe for sale if you would be interested contact me.

Oops forgot you were in Hawaii scratch my offer for selling the cnc lathe. I have no clue how I could get it there. I still have that cnc knee mill too...

My uncle is a TV repairman, and has a b**chen' set of tools :) I don't think that any company offers field service, and for me especially.
I forgot to add I have the 5hp RPC for my DoAll saw.

Clausing storm cnc 300.
0910a49c320ce4d1fe0b16763074312b.jpg

Machine is amazing condition. I met the original owner and I have all the original documentation and owners manuals.

I forgot my Mazak sqt18ms is for sale too.

I’m trying to purchase a brand new cnc lathe and trust me they are not cheap. Like more than a pretty nice house...

That's a dream machine, I said I was having fun, that there would give me stress :grin:
I am not at the CNC stage yet, thank you though.

Looks similar to the Makino/Guildameister I ran for years . :encourage:

Hey similar price as a new manual machine that’s why I offered mentioned it. Cnc is definitely a lot easier than manual to get parts made and quality finishes. But I’m used to mazatrol programming where I can pop simple parts out faster than most can set their compound to 30 degrees.

d6f9b7252e1983f2a3a89967430891df.jpg

A part like this is done in under an hour.
Mirror surface finsihes. Then if I want to make another cycle time is like 5min

570ae90082054d592b3cac58789ebb86.jpg

I envy that type of function, I would be lost.

Back