1340gt finally made it after what looks like a rough ride

While you are painting, you may consider reshooting the chip pan with a more durable paint or possibly something like a thicker epoxy floor coating. The hot chips and oil will take off the paint in short order. I have a thin sheet pan that I slide between my lathe and the chip pan, make cleaning out the chips a bit easier and collects some of the cutting fluid. Also might consider adding a gearbox pump oiler and a small pan under the gearbox.
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/pm1340gt-gearbox-pump-oiler-system.37284/#post-507751

Saw the oiler thread, but just focusing on getting it running for now. May consider putting some of the grey DTM over the white pan if it doesn't mess up the color scheme to much.

I think the big issue today is that a lot of delivery truck drivers don't know what they are doing when it comes to securing and handling large heavy items.

I mean look at what some dingus did to this mill!

The new stickers (thin aluminum actually) showed up the other day. The 60 degree weather I ordered still has yet to show up so the stands are just sitting there waiting. 76d6a1a2a79e9f3eee0e5adcde758443.jpg

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

They delivered your 60* weather to me by mistake, 79* here today.:mad:

Back