1340GT Metric Thread Pitches

I would put them under the category 'calculators or metalworking'
Even though you guys did them up for a PM1340 there's info in them I for instance can use on my 1440G clone.

David, "and I'm single." No wonder you have a nice set of equipment! My wife has never complained about what I spend on equipment. On time she did give me one of those "looks" when I told her I had just spent $85K on a used router.
5.486 seems close enough for most threading.

I tried to view Calculators for metalworking but got this message "You do not have permission to view this page"
Why?

I tried to view Calculators for metalworking but got this message "You do not have permission to view this page"
Why?
Sorry about that.
you need to be a donating member to be able to download resources.

1579030814526.png

Latest info on membership can be found here:

I dunno if 5.486 pitch is close enough. Here's the comparison of a 5.5mm pitch nut (hashed) with a 5.486 pitch shaft inside it - for 10 thread lengths.

1579079305994.png

Tighter fit than any wife I've known. LOL

I wonder what change gear would be needed to actually get a 5.5.

You would need a 44 to 127 on the headstock pair and 120 to 32 on the gearbox pair.I do quite a bit of metric threading but rarely do a pitch more than 2.0. If you review the attached chart, I still recommend feeding the headstock output to the 127 tooth gear and the gearbox to the 120 tooth transposing gear. The only time one would need to feed to the 120 gear and output to the 127 tooth gear would be for a metric 0.700 pitch.

Attachments

• PM 1340GT Metric Gear Chart .pdf
    336.1 KB · Views: 128
Thanks Mark. It looks like .35 and .45 are also only available with 120 on the top.

Back