14 x 40 BV jog button not working

The 1440BV manual does not show the VFD connections, but most likely the the JOG button is direct signaling connection to the VFD, as opposed to a relay activated command. The schematic only shows a Forward/Reverse relay (and a gate/power relay). The first thing I would check is that all the VFD pin connectors (low voltage 24VDC inputs) are secure, the spring clasp sometimes does not secure the pin or make good contact. I would push each one in and then give a little tug to each to make sure it is secure. There is no depiction of the VFD terminal connection in the Shihlin Electric VFD SS2 Manual, but it looks like the default is setup for the inputs is in a sink configuration, the inputs are at 24VDC and when connected to the SD (ground/0V for the 24VDC circuit) it will activate the input. The inputs that are used is STF for forward, STR for reverse, and I am assuming that M0 input is reprogrammed for jog. Check the wires going to these terminals. You can check the continuity of the jog circuit switch and wiring with an ohmmeter (with the power off), alternatively you could connect a voltmeter to the SD (black meter lead) and to M0 (assuming this is the jog input or could be RES) and see if there is 24VDC when the jog button is pressed. there are several different options, but the first is to check the continuity of the jog wiring to the switch and back with an ohmmeter. One could directly activate a VFD input to bypass the wiring/switch to check if there is a VFD fault with a specific input, but I would check with QMT first and see what they recommend.

Attachments

• Shihlin Electric VFD SS2 Manual.pdf
    7.9 MB · Views: 190
Last edited:
If that attached manual is for what's actually in your control box, it's a Chinese version (fully licensed and utterly and brilliantly and reliably executed I'm SURE right down to my core!) of the Mitsubishi 700 series which I used in mine, selected in part because 1. it's not Chinese and 2. above average but by no means the cleanest/least ambiguous documentation for applicable VFD's). A quick comparison of the pinouts, and the generic wiring diagram and the parameter list reveals some small differences isolated (it appears to me) to the upper/more esoteric parameters. Very small differences in the pin-outs of the device... labeling is all it appears at a crude level of first examination. But of note is that the Mitsubishi has a param (182) that is JOG on RH-ACTIVE which is not shown in the Chinese one but I am assuming actually is part of the firmware under some other label (I am unable to imagine a Chinese "licensed" [ROFLLLLLLLLLLLL] design going to a butt-load of extra work to redefine esoterica while leaving the big stuff identical... 35 years of protecting my IP from them talking there). If the OP would like a copy of my parameter settings and wiring diagram and I'll have to check for usefulness but the relevant pages from my notebook, PM me with a good email address and I'll send it along for you to use as a starting point. Still stand by the process above process and validating the reality that stands before you. Good luck.

Well, I looked through the manual. I'm on overload. This is why I ordered the lathe with a VFD already installed, so I wouldn't have to suffer, I mean sort though all this information to build my own like many others. I just don't have it in me or the time and patience.
I'm still trying to wrap up the loose ends on the house, so I'll poke around and see what's going on. I admire all those who build their own VFD.
I'm close to getting out of the rat race, and slowing down. I just need to sell this house. Find another piece of land in the foot hills, build a new energy efficient home, buy a boat, and fish. Maybe do a small flip every now and then. I'm tired. I like a challenge, but I'm not a fan of electronics. It's not my thing. Interesting! But.....??? Basic electric I can handle. I wired my whole house. Ok, I'll bring a goat or something for a sacrifice
to the electric Gods and hope they smile down on me.

buy a boat, and fish

"fish" (verb) = spend a wildly disproportionate number of your heartbeats fixing things and managing slacker/incompetent marine-services "workers". You're welcome:) But good luck on all the rest. Offer to share above stated information stands for when you're ready if you think it would help.

After a few e-mails with Matt, I got it working. Three stacked wires in the KAO relay in the upper electrical box, looked odd. I took them out, and reinserted them.
I now have jog function.
Thanks to all. Solo

Back