1440GT Arrival

Blucllrplt

Registered
Registered
After the lost check saga by the post office was resolved I have received my 1440GT. Kudos to Matt and Greg; once the check was received, the machine was promptly shipped and it arrived in Texas only 2 days after it left PA.

Crated well and was received with no damage. I’m lucky to have a way to offload and set up the machine. the FedEx driver could not get his pallet jack to work and we had to drag it to the back of the trailer with the tractor.

Just finished unpacking and starting the inventory but am pleased by the first impressions. Fit and finish look good and the castings seem to be of good quality. Quality Machine even sends a rewritten instruction set up manual that supplements the factory manual. I doubt i will have any issues setting up the machine with the document they provided.

695F8691-3588-44D1-B6D5-1C8D224C23B5.jpeg

1C58F690-BB98-4CCE-8E38-2AF32AF9639D.jpeg

EB5C7CEC-FCFD-4738-A160-0C4A57646FBC.jpeg

Awesome! I was biting my nails during the saga, but glad it all worked out for you.

Man, there seems to be a bunch of folks getting new PM toys...err...machines lately!

I'm glad everything worked out OK with the delivery. That is one nice looking lathe. Of course we expect a writeup of your first impressions with lots of pics along with it. :D

And what's with all you guys with the heavy equipment, and where were you when I needed to get my machines set up? LOL...

Here I sit broke and drooling for no good reason. DERN it that's a nice machine. Perfect size too. Good luck sures purty

Got it up and running! Works awesome. So glad I went with a new machine vs. something worn out. Total indicated runout os about .0005 as far as I can tell with my indicators. Although I dont need it for my work, I am saving up already to add a digital readout for my fun projects.

Item in the lathe in last photo is one of the short pipes I machine so that they can be welded to flanges and offsets.

Once I get caught up with work planning on making a pipeliner grill with some interesting features (I hope) that will be a fun project.

746F904B-6FE3-4194-9898-8381922FD46F.jpeg
6A260C2E-6C18-4F9A-94AF-E1DC9D077041.jpeg

I like your choice , to me the size is just right to do plenty of work on . So many things I've wanted to do I've been cheated out of. So live and do all the things you can while you can . My whole life I wanted a nice usable machine shop. Now I'm bed bound most of my machines aren't even able to be used by me . I only hope the DERN drs will figure away . Starting to be hard to cope , teeth breaking no money to fix or get false set up. I just hope I don't get toothache on top of this. Live now my boy you never know what can happen to you. I love the 1440 pm

Back