14x32 Reed Prentice Engine Lathe (Tualatin Oregon) $750!!!

ErichKeane

Making scrap at ludicrous speed.
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Ad here:

I spoke with the guy a few times back and forth, and its currently under power at a business (so day visiting only!). Claimed he could deliver it to me (Gaston). Sadly, its a 15 HP 3 phase motor (no idea about the voltage), which is higher than I can do with a VFD on my shop's power. Even appears to have a taper attachment.

Anyway, my miss is someone else's score I guess.

Shoot, you could put a smaller motor on it (and you probably would want a newer one anyhow, to use with VFD)
I wouldn't let that scare you away

Shoot, you could put a smaller motor on it (and you probably would want a newer one anyhow, to use with VFD)
I wouldn't let that scare you away
Do you think a 5 HP motor would do that one justice? I only have 30amp 220v service, so thats the most I could do.

It also seems to spin pretty slow (max RPM is 536?), which seems like it would take forever to do anything...

I'm sure you could make a lot of parts with 5 HP
These larger older lathes usually don't turn very fast especially if they have sleeve bearings- not sure what that one has

You are making the right call. If that lathe is as tight as she is clean.

It's only a 3,500 mile round trip for me. LOL, the wife has been saying she wants a vacation!

I want that Bradford in.. where was that? North Dakota?

Erich: We will NEVER talk you OUT of buying a lathe. Or almost never
Where there's a will, (and a 220volt service) there's a way. Pair of ways

I think this is it:
(from vintage machinery website)
Looks like you are not limited to 536 rpm, also looks like the 15 hp motor is not stock. 7.5 hp was the biggest factory motor according to this brochure

Attachments

• 15250.pdf
    13.8 MB · Views: 346
Back