15x48 Tray Top Questions

Investigator

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm looking at buying a 15x48 Cincinnati tray top lathe. Can anyone tell me about them? Any specs or good and bad?

Thanks

I'm not an expert, but I recently bought and fixed up a 10x36" Hydrashift Tray Top. Is yours a manual shift, or Hydrashift?

Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio

I'm not an expert, but I recently bought and fixed up a 10x36" Hydrashift Tray Top. Is yours a manual shift, or Hydrashift?

Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio

Haven't bought it yet, but believe it is the old manual style. P re tty sure in fact.

Haven't bought it yet, but believe it is the old manual style. P re tty sure in fact.

Sorry that was me, it was an old account I changed from mr fixit to investor because there was a mr fixit here before me. I got a private message to him by mistake once so I changed my name.

I have a 12 1/2 x 48 manual Cincinnati Tray-Top. I have not had an issue with it. I did, after getting it home, due a strip, clean and reassembly.

I have read that the headstock gears are prone to chipping or breaking because they are thin but mine are just fine.

I had my apron apart for cleaning, the hand wheel shaft is a little loose but I did not disassemble this to bush, I'm running it as is. When reassembling I drilled two holes in the clutched lead screw gear and then used a socket with two pins or post on it (four wheel drive axle nut socket with two fo the for posts cut off) and a torque wrench to adjust the clutch slip point.

If you need a manual let me know. I can send a pdf to your e-mail.

Vlad

I should have updated this thread, I passed on this lathe because I bought 2 locally from family friends. Thanks for the offers of help. Now I need information on Southbend and Logan.

i have owned a cintilathe tray top Cincinnati 10x30 for 10 years with broken cluster gear good luck finding parts.

Back