15x54 LeBlond

Very nice! I have a WW-2 vintage Leblond Regal 19 X 54; I made metric transposing gears for it, plus diametral pitch change gears.

NICE. I have the exact same machine with servo shift. You are going to love it.

These are workhorse machines that maintain accuracy over a lot of use. You will be very pleased with this acquisition!

Nice score Matt !!
Your gonna love that lathe.
Did you finish your generator project ??

It is an awesome looking lathe. Looks just like the LeBlonds that was in the first shop I worked in. I got to run them a little bit, the owner those was his babies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice score Matt !!
Your gonna love that lathe.
Did you finish your generator project ??

The generator is finished mechanically, now I need someone to wire it. The Witte diesel is running but still needs an exhaust and cooling system which I can do. I might have it ready for Pottsville.

Did I mention the LeBlond has a taper attachment? When I talked to the factory man he said that was worth a lot.

One problem; when they rebuilt it they ground off the serial number and didn't re-stamp it. By describing the machine and sending pics the factory guy could give me a close approximation of the exact model but couldn't be certain. He said they often run into this problem. I cannot fathom why anyone re-building a machine would not re-stamp the serial. This will cause problems when ordering parts.

Anyone know how to resurrect a gone serial number? I know cops can do it on firearms.

they etch the metal and the denser area where the numbers were stamped will become raised.

I tried that with Muriatic acid.Didn't work. Maybe another acid?

Back