1640hd Has Arrived

Cmesler

Registered
Registered
well guys after what seems like an eternity of waiting the lathe has hit the floor. There was a few things broken on it. Might have occurred in transit but there is no real way to tell. Matts replacing all the parts so I have no real worries. Overall impression of the lathe so far is that it is stout. Fit and finish seems to be decent, time will tell though.
Anyways here's a shot of her sitting on the ground once we got it unloaded.
image.jpeg

More pics to come..

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 4200 ish. It's heavy I've got a 5000lb for lift and it didn't want anything to do with it moving it around.

Yo Mama! (I love tool por...err...pics) :D

On a more serious note: wanna trade?

Hey now that little gem you've got is on my want list. This thing has got to pay for itself first, but anything is possible. :D
I've got a few pictures of the little dings and stuff and I plan to get it off the pallet wired in and leveled this weekend. I'll try to get a video uploaded then since everyone is ready to see this thing make some chips.

Nice! It is good to see some new machines arriving.

Yea there was quite the wait on this thing 12 weeks from order date. Glad it's finally here.

12 weeks? Not bad. I think I had to wait about 10 weeks for my 1340GT. As for the dings and stuff, I think every machine I've ordered has had them. No biggie really, as I always seem to add to the tally as I use the machines. I like to keep my machines cleaner than most and properly oiled, but they always end up looking like they have been well used. :)

Yea there was quite the wait on this thing 12 weeks from order date. Glad it's finally here.
Your doing good at 12 weeks. I'm on week 13 and I'm told the factory will be finished with them next week. I have no idea how long the whole shipping process takes.

Back