1720 XTMC new to me

Jay Kempf

Registered
Registered
Just got a 1720 XTMC white paint version from mid 90s that a friend had in storage.

First question is the long axis, lathe axial axis, has a little play. How do I adjust, true, assess? Don't have manuals. How do I get maintenance manuals.

There are a lot of accessories, boxes of parts. It is CNC from the factory. Just want to get it up and running and make some aluminum parts for UAV I am working on.

I have a large format CNC router and am pretty good with SW, Fusion360, Mach3 so I have a leg up on using this thing if I can get it all dialed in and calibrated.

I have the original controller box. There is one board for each of 4 axis'

I have a PDF copy will try to attach it. It is not the best but you should be able to use it to understand the adjustments etc. My 1720XMTC was cnc also but the original owner never got it to run and managed to ruin the driver boards, so its manual now.

Attachments

• 1720 xmtc.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
The PDF file above is already in Downloads. Unfortunately, it is the only one that we have.

I do have three more, but I don't know how useful they are

Attachments

• COMMON-PARTS.pdf
    232.2 KB · Views: 188
  • USA-MOTORS-AND-TOGGLE-SWITCHES-FOR-EARLY-SHOPTASKS.pdf
    109.8 KB · Views: 118
OK. There is a ShopTask and ShopMaster folder in Downloads, right after SB. Put them in there. Start the title with either Shop Master or Shop Task, whichever is the more well known.

Back