1905 machine shop tour

Bob Korves

Platinum
Rest In Peace
This is an old, still operational machine shop in Georgia. It certainly looks like it has seen better days, but there are plenty of old machines there and the skills to use them. Quite a mess, too, but look past the mess and see the history and the way things were done in older times...

I watched that yesterday. Some cool old machines in there. It would be quite a project saving that old boring mill. Nice set of large random Starrett micrometers just sitting there in a box LOL They looked like they were never used
Cheers
Martin

I also enjoyed watching this video very much.
Not much of a housekeeper.
He sure does have a good selection of tools and equipment though.

Watched it as well. Very good video. I have seen several old shops in similar condition in my short 37 years. Very eccentric owners.

I would almost drive across the country in my old International 4370 to save that VTL from the scrap heap. That would truly be a tragedy to see it melted down.

I nearly fell out of my chair when he showed the lathe that was nearly buried in swarf. But, I have to admit, I'd love to be able to walk through and see those old machines.

nice walcott similar to mine in use at the 7:41 mark. no back gears, though

The shame part is he probably is well past a normal working age . Might be the reason in a one man shop it's cleaning became to much. My sympathy to him he's selling trying to save the machines from scrapers. There should be a museum of industrial machines somewhere.

Did anyone notice the dinosaur walking around in there? Just kidding Keith! I'm a dinosaur too!

Back