1940 Pick Up

cbtrek

Active User
Registered
In 1976 when the u joint went out, this truck was parked. 4 years ago I found it in weeds on the side of small hill, I could just read chevrolet through the 6' weeds. I tracked the owner down and he agreed to sell it. I found out later, 25 people had tried before me but I asked at the right time. It had sat for so long, it sunk to the axels and 3 of the 4 brake drums were locked up. I had to break the drum off so I could have it toed. The wood in the box was rotted away, only a couple small pieces were remaining. A friend offered to give me a 350 engine to update the drive train but I will keep the 6 banger, It now sits in a building and I just got ALL the brake parts and hope to get the rusted sheet metal repaired this year and get it back on the road, restored to 1940 as it should be.

1st view.jpg 3rd view.jpg 4th view.jpg 5th view.jpg

That is a great looking truck! There are some body styles I like and some I don't. Good on ya' for keeping it stock.

In 1976 when the u joint went out, this truck was parked. 4 years ago I found it in weeds on the side of small hill, I could just read chevrolet through the 6' weeds. I tracked the owner down and he agreed to sell it. I found out later, 25 people had tried before me but I asked at the right time. It had sat for so long, it sunk to the axels and 3 of the 4 brake drums were locked up. I had to break the drum off so I could have it toed. The wood in the box was rotted away, only a couple small pieces were remaining. A friend offered to give me a 350 engine to update the drive train but I will keep the 6 banger, It now sits in a building and I just got ALL the brake parts and hope to get the rusted sheet metal repaired this year and get it back on the road, restored to 1940 as it should be.

Wow! What a find! I wish you the best in your restoration. Good for you on keeping the 6-cyl. I found a late 1940s Ford with a flathead V8 recently, but the owner wanted too much and had made too many modifications for my tastes. Keep us updated!

Not into Chevy's in general, but that is a great looking truck. You just can't beat the lines on the old 30's and 40's vintage vehicles. Good luck on the restoration. Hope you keep us up to date.

Back