1945 9A score

Ah ok I see it. You guys have good eyes! I didn’t pay much attention to that one, because I’d thought he said he was trying to reverse the green motor. Anyhow I see it now. Thank you.

Ok, so as I understand the dilemma, you have two different motors, and haven’t been able to reverse either one. There’s a suggestion to take the motor apart in order to get it to reverse, but I think that would only solve the issue if you wanted to permanently reverse rotation. Which is not the goal, if I’m understanding correctly. So, if I’m not totally lost here, which is quite possible, I will stand by my first post suggesting you find a motor with the obvious and blatantly printed ability to reverse on its motor data plate. Now having said that, I will check the motor that came with my Atlas lathe, which is reversible by magic that happens in the drum switch, and make sure it has the information I assume would be there. Lol Best regards to all!

As an aside, we have a machine at work that has 120 volt reversible motors on it, and that capability is printed on the motor. However anecdotal that nugget may be. And you do have to get inside the motor connections box to change it, but there are extra leads, and it could be wired to a drum switch if you wanted the option of either rotation at any time.

If it is an induction motor it is reversable...difficulty of that depends on how built.

One could first just listen to the motor and listen for the click when is spins down at power off.

If heard it has mechanical switch for starter control and if so the wires have connections.

One simply follows the wires and one goes to the windings and other to power.

Basic modification is to switch the connection of that wire.

The voltage switch would be source of connection points

A good electric motor shop could tell by looking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Before you guys get all cross threaded, here is the motor in question.
DSC02517.JPG
As you can see, there are only 2 wires going in, and they are sealed and covered with a protective cap. If this could be reversed, it would have to be done inside and that is not something I gonna mess with. It runs good, so I may make a grinder out of it. I found another motor in my stash so I'm already on plan "B".....but if you remember I had an issue with the connector box being in the way of the drive belt. Well, issue solved....I fabbed up a lower profile box to clear the belts.
DSC02516.JPG
DSC02515.JPG
While I was at it, I went through the drum switch and give it a total refurb, including a new face plate and handle.DSC02519.JPG

DSC02515.JPG

Back