1949 Craftsman 80 Model 109.21270 (catalog 99 AM 2127)

i have a few more pictures i have edited and will now post for the interested!!!

c80 3.jpg

c80 2.jpg

c80 5.jpg

c80 6.jpg

the gearing is pristine, i can't say that this lathe ever had power applied to the geartrain.
the pictures really don't do it justice, them gears are clean and new!!!

there are a few freckles of oxidation here and there but nothing a lil' hard work can't make like new again!

thanks to all the readers and commentators- you guys are why i post this stuff.
in any other place, they'd swear i was 5150 and would lock me up.

lucky for me i'm only 5149.5.....:jester:

c80 3.jpg c80 2.jpg c80 5.jpg c80 6.jpg

Welcome to our unrecognized group of elderly romantics . We mostly have in common the sight of one of these tiny toysAt an early and impressionable age.They looked like real lathes, and we each wanted one ! Most of us never got one, but some of,during our mentally declining years found them in our hands,determined to demonstrate some useful function for
them. We have succeeded in small measure, at great cost and much determined effort. Perhaps you will yet show us some
thing useful. Excelsior ! ......BLJHB.

thank you,
i have always had an affinity for the odd ,obscure , or old when it comes to machines and machinery.

things are made to more precise tolerances now, but are considered throw away, it seems.
i like the old mentality - make the product substantial, to last for years to come.

i love my plasma cutter, but i never have to worry about a control board failure or a power failure when slicing with my oxy/acetylene rig.

technology has made many things possible that were not so in the not too distant past.
i do find it interesting that a lot of our contraptions are merely updated versions of past inventions through the ages.

Back