1956 Studebaker sedan

It's looking real good Dad! So with that one done, guess now you just need to get that other Studebaker done :)

Here is the final detail. Before and after picture. It took a couple of days to get that plate restored. Not perfect but looks good from a couple of feet. Now all we need is spring so I can take it out and get the front end alignment checked.
Woke up this morning to a blizzard. Could hardly see the tall spruce tree just 30 ft outside the bedroom window. The main freeway runs not far behind us and when we turned the radio on at 8 am there was a 15 car pileup behind us and at noon it was up to a 30 car pileup and one dead and one car on fire in the first bunch. By then they had closed the freeway at London.
Visibility this morning was often less than 20 ft. and winds so high you could barely stand up in it. Why these idiots are out on the road beats me. All highways and all roads north of here are shut down.
Nick
b603_12.JPGlicns.JPG

b603_12.JPG licns.JPG

Monday, March 10 was a beautiful day, the road was clean and dry, and I finished putting my newly recored rad. in and coolant so fired it up and backed it out on it's own power for the first time since beginning this restoration 4 years ago. My wife took a few pictures as we drove it out of the shop attached below.
The first trip was only about 1/2 mile and noticed a few things that didn't feel quite right so made a few adjustments and tried it again, about 4 miles round trip.
One plug wasn't firing so got a new one yesterday and it now purrs like a kitten.
Here are a few pics. of her outside for the first time.
Today, Wednesday we are being inflicted with yet another snowstorm, a blizzard actually. Only two vehicles I have seen on the road so far today, the propane truck and a snowplow. Already over 10 inches of snow and it's not supposed to end until midnight.
Nick

Stude-1.JPG

Stude-2.JPG

Stude-3jPG.JPG

Stude4.JPG

Stude-1.JPG Stude-2.JPG Stude-3jPG.JPG Stude4.JPG

Wow, you've done an excellent job there Nicky! Congratulations on getting to that stage. I bet you were grinning from ear to ear! :thumbsup:

Excellent job Nicky, looks great! +1 that bets you're really proud as you should be.

'56 was a really good year. :biggrin:

Glad to see that you have the Stude done Nicky! It's a beautiful car! Makes me wish I still had my 53 and some of the others!

Hi folks
We attended our first car show last Saturday. A real treat as it was my birthday and my goal had been to have it at that show on my birthday. Beautiful day with about 600 cars turning out.
Had a lot of people take pictures even of the dash. My wife had bought me 4 different A&W mugs earlier this spring and last week we found an A&W window tray to make it compete. Even have a Little A&W bear hanging from the mirror.
Here's a couple of pictures from the show.
Nick
ourcar1.JPG jessie.JPG

ourcar1.JPG jessie.JPG

Back