1964 10EE lathe

Resurrecting this old thread, Rabler. Please forgive me if I missed anything, but is there any reason you did not go with a Scissio Controls Spindle Control Module? It's a bolt on replacement for the Monarch controller. I was lucky, the 10EE I recently purchased already had the replacement solid state Thyratron Tube replacements installed and if the controller module were wonky, I would not hesitate to install the replacement Spindle Control Module from Scissio Controls.

Thanks,

Joe
Wasn't an option. That module is not a complete motor controller. It is one circuit board in a fairly complex circuit spanning multiple boards, the overall design of which Monarch changed several time over the decades of 10EE production.

See the pictures in the very first post on this thread, mine had already been gutted and replaced with some third party DC motor controller (forget the brand), that wasn't capable of even delivering full operating voltage to the motor by spec, and was not working. So a scissio module would have been totally pointless.

Wasn't an option. That module is not a complete motor controller. It is one circuit board in a fairly complex circuit spanning multiple boards, the overall design of which Monarch changed several time over the decades of 10EE production.

See the pictures in the very first post on this thread, mine had already been gutted and replaced with some third party DC motor controller (forget the brand), that wasn't capable of even delivering full operating voltage to the motor by spec, and was not working. So a scissio module would have been totally pointless.
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'm new to the Monarch 10EE arena and see I have so much more to learn. I did not realize your original drive had already been gutted but going back to the beginning of the thread coupled with your explanation, I see why you chose the path you did. I hope you get yours up and running, they are really nice machines to run. Keeping them running seems to be the challenge.

Thanks again,

Joe

Back